Section 15 – General
This section says that AMWAY has the right to amend these Rules in consultation with senior IBO leadership at any time that the Rules are enforceable, and provide advice on proper service of notices on or by either AMWAY or IBOs.
- 15.1 Nothing limits the law: Nothing in these Rules of Conduct in any way limits or detracts from the law otherwise applicable to contractual relationships between a contracting entity and an independent contractor.
- 15.2 Rules Amendments: Amway may amend these Rules of Conduct at any time following consultation with the Diamond Body by posting the amendment on Amway ‘s Primary Website or by any written notification to IBOs, and the amendment shall become effective from the date specified in that posting or written notification.
- 15.3 No Waiver: No waiver by Amway of any breach, default or omission by the IBO or any other IBO in the performance or observance of any of these Rules of Conduct shall be deemed to be a waiver by Amway of any other or subsequent such breach, default or omission.
- 15.4 Invalidity: In the event of the invalidity of one or more of these Rules or part of one of these Rules such invalidity shall not affect the continuing enforceability of any other Rule and this document shall be construed accordingly.
- 15.5 Governing law: For Australian IBOs, these Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with the law for the time being and from time to time in force in the State of New South Wales. For New Zealand IBOs, these Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with the law for the time being and from time to time in force in New Zealand.
- 15.6 Notices: Any notice, demand or other document under or relating to these Rules shall be sufficiently served if delivered personally or if sent via facsimile, email or prepaid post to Amway of Australia at PO Box 8047 Baulkham Hills NSW 2153 (attention the General Counsel) or to Amway of New Zealand at Private Bag 94401, Botany, Auckland, 2163 (attention to Business Relations Manager) and on the IBO at the address specified in his/her most recent IBO Application or at such other address as may from time to time be notified in writing by the IBO to Amway and such notice, demand or other document shall be deemed to have been delivered at the time of delivery or, if service is effected in any other manner as aforesaid, at the time when it would in the ordinary course be delivered.