Committed to the use of sustainable packaging
Extensive research has been conducted to determine the minimum amount of packaging that can be used to ensure safe transport and storage of Amway products. Our packaging contains significant quantities of recycled materials and as many of our products are concentrated, less packaging material is required than for conventional goods.
Responsible use of packaging at Amway:
- Most packaging materials used are recyclable cardboard, aluminium and HDPE, i.e. materials that are readily recycled
- We reuse or recycle 99% of our incoming shipping cartons
- All shipping cartons purchased by Amway of Australia are made from 100% recycled material
- We recycle all shrink wrap and insulation material used in our warehouse
- Office paper and ink cartridges are recycled
Australian Packaging Covenant
We are a signatory to the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO). This encourages the reporting and use of sustainable packaging.
The APCO rates every signatory based on 3 goals:
- Goal 1: Design
- Goal 2: Recycling
- Goal 3: Product Stewardship
Amway received a Level of 3 out of 5 on our latest 2020 assessment.
- 2018 – Level 3 – Advance
- 2019 – Level 2 – Good Progress
- 2020 – Level 3 – Advance