What are energy bars?
Ever wanted a quick energy boost while running or working out in the gym? The bars provide energy and could be just the thing to keep you going until the end of the workout.
Energy bars are supplemental foods made from a combination of different ingredients which work together to provide the body with energy, nutrition, and some food benefits. Common ingredients found in energy bars include protein, fibre, carbohydrates, sugars, fats, multivitamins, or minerals.
Energy bars are growing in popularity among consumers who are snacking more since the pandemic while looking for more convenient and healthier options than chips. According to recent research released by IRI, 51% of consumers say they want a snack to eat on the go.1
Are energy bars good for you?
Energy bars are a quick and convenient way to fuel up on the go, as a snack, or before a workout. They often come in smaller sizes making it easy to slip into your purse or gym bag. If sweet cravings often hit you mid-morning or in the afternoon, an energy bar is a better option than processed food. Energy bars are lower in sugar as compared to a chocolate bar or a soft drink which has high sugar content and causes the blood sugar levels to spike.
How do energy bars work?
Energy bars work by supplying the body with carbohydrates which are broken down into sugars for energy. However, read the label carefully as not all energy bars are created equal in terms of calories, sugars, and carbs. Stay away from bars with high amounts of both sugar, trans fats and carbohydrates as they are higher in calories.
Eating too many of the wrong type of energy bars can also interfere with your efforts to lose weight, adding a lot more calories to your diet each day. Choose energy bars with a higher amount of protein to keep you feeling full between meals if eating it as a snack or before a workout.
How long does it take for an energy bar to take effect?
Experts recommend eating an energy bar at least half an hour before you start exercising to give your body time to break it down and make sure there’s energy to keep you sustained if you’re running, cycling or doing other strenuous workouts.
Looking to try an energy bar?
Look no further than the XS™ Fuel Bar which is the best choice for those wanting a boost of energy to keep them going all day or while they exercise. The XS™ Fuel Bar is a nutritious energy bar high in protein and fibre, with a multivitamin blend to help keep you fuelled throughout your day. Have it before, during or after your workout. Enjoy it any time you feel like an energy boost.
What it has:
- Enriched with vitamins and minerals which meet up to 15% of the Recommended Daily Intake.
- Contains 15.7g of high-quality protein per serve which helps to promote energy and muscle growth.
- Delivers 3.9g of carbohydrates per serve to provide lasting energy at any time of the day.
- Contains no artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners, or GMO ingredients.
- Comes in two delicious flavours - Caramel Vanilla Blast or Coffee Blast
- Buy single bars or in a pack so you never run out!
Maximum of 3 bars per day is recommended.
- Not suitable for children under 15 years of age or pregnant women. Should only be used under medical or dietetic supervision.
- Formulated Supplementary Sports Food.
- This product is not a sole source of nutrition and should be consumed in conjunction with a nutritious diet with an appropriate physical training or exercise program.